They call me Sleeve

Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy December!!!!

I have had a restless heart and mind this past couple of days. There is nothing in me right now that wants to conform to a 9-5 lifestyle what-so-ever.

I want to live.

I want to move to Colorado and become a professional skiier
I want to hike through Europe and settle on the coast of Italy
I want to move to Australia and teach sea kayaking at the Great Barrier Reef
I want to join a band and tour the country in an old van

But all at the same time, I want to settle down.

I want to coach my son's little league baseball team
I want to grill out in the back yard with all my friends and their wives and kids after church
I want to mow my lawn on a sunny Saturday morning
I want to love my wife

I am a complicated man. But one thing is for sure, this work thing is obviously getting in the way of my free time.

2 Comments:

  • revert to my jackass comment I made to you this morning about "working", in reference to this post. haha, just kidding.

    you're gonna be a fantastic little league baseball coach...

    and if you decide to move to colorado, Italy or Australia, please let me come.

    Hey, I'm sure they have baseball, and grass and wives in Australia. OK, maybe not baseball...but hey, you are a rugby player, so you could coach little league rugby over there. and if they don't have grass...umm...I'm sure you could plant some sort of artificial turf, along with your remodeling of the bathroom project. (wink).

    By Blogger Katie, at 12/03/2006 5:26 PM  

  • Man, I think every guy (at least who is honest with himself) has those kind of thoughts every day. So I have a friend moving to Australia...

    By Blogger stunningman, at 12/07/2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home