They call me Sleeve

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Reality Check

"I am humbled to know that we are living among a harvest field that has been centuries in the making. For hundreds of years, faithful followers of Christ have invested their lives here, working to make Christ known, fighting for the countless millions of souls in this country, many of them seeing little or no fruit from their hard labor. Due in part to their hard work and fully by the grace of God, we are seeing incredible things happen right here in the ********. Father is calling people to Himself each day and each day more hearts are being turned to Him. Father is making opportunities for more and more people to know of His faithfulness and gift of salvation!"

This quote comes from a letter that was sent from a closed country (meaning that Christian missionaries are not allowed). I am so happy that these things are happening there (praise GOD!!!) but at the same time I am deeply concerned that I don't think the same way about where I live. I don't look at Columbia as a harvest field nor do I feel like I am fighting to for the souls here. Why am I so complacent? What does it look like to be missionary in the US?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home