They call me Sleeve

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

im a sucker for a pretty girl

so, many of you might know that i hate running. i really do. its not a strong dislike either. i really can't stand it. but, yesterday i was suckered into training for a half marathon, thats 13.1 miles of running folks. its a 12 week training schedule and i start training on monday. and it was all because of a girl. my girl. she batted her eyes and talked to me sweet and i was putty in her hands. it was discusting. the next thing i knew i was printing out my training schedule.

im kidding...i really am going to run a half marathon and i really do hate running but my real motivation is to get healthy and to have some dicipline in my life. i have gotten pretty lazy since school ended and i need to do something. i kinda have that tire thingy around the middle of me, if you know what i mean...not cool. plus, i think this will be fun to go through with my girl.

so...stick around. i feel like this whole training thing could spark a few good blogs along the way.

8 Comments:

  • I like you. a lot.
    I dislike running too.
    buuuut, we can do it...you're gonna have to kick my butt though to make me go through with this training stuff everyday. and don't worry, I'll kick yours when you need it too.
    oh, I like that you're putty in my hands ...haha. :-)
    13.1 miles has got NOTHIN' on us.
    Let the training begin...

    By Blogger Katie, at 11/28/2006 9:47 AM  

  • I would most definitely run with your girl too...i mean....she's a nice girl :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/29/2006 3:04 PM  

  • ok, you printed something off? i wanna know where to find a training plan to train for something like this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/30/2006 9:50 AM  

  • Here is the link that I was given. Are you interested? I have a few people in my life group that are probably going to do it with me.

    http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm

    By Blogger Mark "Sleeve" Smyers, at 11/30/2006 12:02 PM  

  • yeap, i wanna do it. i told your girl like a couple months ago i wanted to. apparently it took you to really get her motivated cause she basically laughed at me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/30/2006 3:49 PM  

  • ok, in all seriousness...does that "m" stand for minutes or miles? haha. i'm not quite sure i can start out at 3 freaking miles. are you kidding me?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/30/2006 3:50 PM  

  • first, the "m" stands for miles.

    second, I talked HIM into doing it...as mentioned previously..."he's putty in my hands" - haha.

    third, I didn't laugh in your face...I just have to have the personal motivation before I do things like this.

    fourth, yea - I don't have a fourth. except that I am a running machine these days...

    watch ya'self!

    By Blogger Katie, at 11/30/2006 6:29 PM  

  • katie, i like that we're communicating on mark's page. haha. quit with the lame excuses and get back to your running cause i'm gonna be puttin a hurtin' all of ya. haha.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/30/2006 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home