They call me Sleeve

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Stupid Stuff

I need to vent.

Ok. So, one of the things that pushes my buttons is making something more difficult than it really is. Let me give you an example. I am putting together a Hay Ride this Friday at Fort Jackson to go along with a Haunted House that is already happening. It’s nothing difficult…just a Hay Ride. Honestly it just tractor + wagon + hay + course + participant = HAY RIDE. Not hard at all. But, we are running into so much “red tape” that I don’t want to do it anymore. There are issues with the tractor operator being certified, the hay being arranged a certain way, the water sprinkler heads, the water sprinkler boxes, the bleachers not being allowed to be moved (but it would be easier), the ground being too steep (which it isn’t), bumpy ground (which isn’t bad), low lying limbs, line configuration, and everything else that you can possible think of. Yet, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking two thoughts:
1. It’s just a Hay Ride…not that difficult.
2. Its probably going to get cancelled anyways because its supposed to rain.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home