They call me Sleeve

Monday, January 16, 2006

Tattoo Idea

so, what do yall think of my new tattoo? just kidding...but, i have been doing a little research about this tattoo thing since i posted about it earlier. i have decided that it definitly has to be something that means everything to me and will remain to mean everything to me. which, in my life right now, the only thing that is consistent and is worth pasteing on my body, other than family members, is Christ. Pretty much everthing else is changing and will change soon.

so, with all that in mind i started doing a little research and this is one of the things that i came up with. i dont want the arm-band part. i only want the part in the middle, the part the nails and the fish with the red glow on the outside. and i was thinking that in the middle of my upper back would be the best place. whats yall thoughts and how much do you think something like this would cost?

6 Comments:

  • I'll throw my opinion out there, that I also agree with Jenny. It's complete 100% personal preference, I mean, let's be honest, it's not gonna be on someone else's body for the rest of their lives, but I'll throw my opinion out there for kicks anyway b/c you asked for them. Like she said, the red glow and dripping blood aren't my favorite things...but the fish and cross are cool lookin'. I dunno, maybe that's just a girl thing - maybe dripping blood just kinda scares us. haha AAAAANYWAYS - goodluck with the search....

    By Blogger Katie, at 1/18/2006 2:50 PM  

  • Sorry, i forgot to mention no drops of blood either in the blog.

    i thought about having no glow behind it too. i think that would look pretty cool, but im torn. the red doesnt thrill me but the effect of the glow behind kinda it does. i don't know. maybe, if this is the one, i can get it without the effect and if i want it, or some other kind of effect, then i can add it later. yup...thats a good idea.

    By Blogger Mark "Sleeve" Smyers, at 1/18/2006 3:33 PM  

  • You are a smart man, Mr. Smyers...good call on that one.

    By Blogger Katie, at 1/18/2006 3:39 PM  

  • I really like the tattoo... but i don't like the red. I agree about the glow though.. it would be cool in another color like yellow maybe :)

    By Blogger Alyson, at 1/25/2006 12:19 AM  

  • i think you should tatoo my name across your chest - that would be sexy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/25/2006 9:02 AM  

  • i am glad to see that someone else is going to get a meaningful tattoo as well.

    i am going the 2nd weekend in February to get a tattoo I have wanted for about 2 1/2 years now. It's "The Lord's Handmaiden" as referred in the book of Ruth. I had it translated to Hebrew..and will put it on the small of my back. I am trying not to wuss out...but I REALLY want it!

    Nice post

    By Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess', at 1/26/2006 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home