They call me Sleeve

Monday, November 21, 2005

This is not important

We all have those things in life that just make us happy. They're not things that have any real impact on the world at all. I'm talking about little, little things...little nothings. They are just litle things that make your day bright. I absolutely love these things and I love knowing other peoples little nothings too. Like my friend Kate, she is in med school, and she just found out about a little muscle in the hand (palm to be more exact) that seems to have no real purpose but bring happiness. Odd....But great. I love it. One of mine is the rest stop on 385 just before you get to 26 on the way to Columbia. This thing makes me so happy. It is planning genius at its finest. Instead of making two rest stops and putting them on opposite sides of the highway, like everywhere else. They made ONE and putt it in between the highways. Genius I tell you. I love this thing. Its to the point that I make myself stop there every time I pass just so i can support it and for what it is (and get a mountain dew). Odd....but great.

3 Comments:

  • it's so funny what the blog can do...I too LOVE that rest stop. Actually broke up with a girl at one of the picnic tables there. Haha.

    I also heard that rest stops are havens for homosexuals....grant?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/24/2005 8:38 PM  

  • ahh yes, that rest stop is amazing! Who knew it brought so much joy to so many people? we should find out who planned that and write them a thank-you letter. i love this post, sleeve - b/c you're so dead on...it is the little things. I too, love knowing what makes other people smile, and if I could give someone something once a week that made them smile (for instance, if I could give you a bottled cheerwine, or drive you past the rest stop...or maybe on a special occasion give you both at the same time), I would. Notice I said once a week...b/c if I did it everyday i think it would lose its edge...and it would become all too "normal." Anyway - now that I've written a book, I'll close leaving you with another "little thing" that makes me smile (besides the palmaris brevis muscle, of course): getting random little text messages throughout the week - they never cease to put a smile on my face. :-)

    By Blogger Katie, at 11/25/2005 5:13 PM  

  • Okay, jt you have no life, and sleeve, this post reminds me of the "Flying J" stop that you have as well! "wink"

    By Blogger Melody, at 12/08/2005 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home