They call me Sleeve

Friday, October 28, 2005

Happy days are on their way

the inner man is coming out of me once again. you see, next week is the homecoming for clemson which means that FCA is building a float. this makes me happy...so very happy to be honest. wood, chicken wire, saw dust, power tools, staple guns, ladders, what more could a guy want. i have been cooped up doing school work for far too long. i haven't had a chance to be active and really apply myself to a tangible, real project. so, i am really looking forward to next monday at noon when we can start up with the float and apply my skills to other things than school.

i'll tell ya some more reasons why this float makes me happy. first, i love creating. i love pouring myself into something and stepping back when it finished and being proud of what was accomplished (not that im God, but it must be kinda like what God felt on the seventh day). second, i love to empower people. i love to come along side of someone and help them and guide them to accomplish something that they never knew they could do. i have a feeling that there will be some freshmen that will be out there next week that by the end of the week will look at what they helped do, and be pleasantly surprised. i know i always am.

plus, as an added benefit, i get to wear my tool belt and look sexy (inside joke).

4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger bloggrez, at 10/28/2005 1:13 AM  

  • hey....that was a good looking tiger and you know it. ok, so it might have been a little more thicker than you may be used to and his head sort of looked like a bears head. all in all, i liked him. i have a picture with him.

    By Blogger Mark "Sleeve" Smyers, at 10/28/2005 2:14 AM  

  • Did I read "tool belt"??? I'm there. haha...have fun Sleeve! :-)

    By Blogger Katie, at 10/28/2005 4:24 PM  

  • working on the homecoming float each year is one of my favorite memories of clemson. check out some old school float pics here!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/24771061@N00/sets/1267506/

    By Blogger stunningman, at 11/01/2005 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home