They call me Sleeve

Friday, February 10, 2006

Homeless

How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.

Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young-
a place near your alter,
O Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
Psalm 84 1-5


WE ARN'T HOME YET. This is just a layover before we get to the real destination. Try not to settle.

I would say this would be among my favorite verses.

1 Comments:

  • "No guilt in life, no fear in death,
    This is power of Christ in me
    From life's first cry to final breath
    Jesus commands my destiny.

    No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man
    Can ever pluck me from His hand
    'Til He returns or calls me home
    Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand."

    One of my favorite songs...

    By Blogger Katie, at 2/13/2006 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home