They call me Sleeve

Monday, December 12, 2005

Restlessness

I feel like Alaska, Colorado, Kentucky, or Wyoming....well anyplace wild and untamed for that matter, are calling to me today. I don't know why today above any other day. But, I feel like the more time I spend in the library, the more I long for freedom and adventure.

I want to hang from a rope on a cliff.
I want to climb a waterfall.
I want to hunt big game.
I want to cook on an open fire.
I want to watch the fog rise in the morning while fly fishing.
I want to sleep under the star.
I want to study the beauty of the trees and say "God did that."
I want to feel alive again.

For now though, i'm sitting in the library...waiting my turn...learning what it means to persevere.

4 Comments:

  • you are such a manly man. keep on keepin' on Sleeve....not much longer until freedom from the walls of the library...and hey, if you need a companion for Alaska or Colorado or Wyoming - just give me a call. :-)

    By Blogger Katie, at 12/12/2005 8:56 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Mark "Sleeve" Smyers, at 12/13/2005 9:21 PM  

  • thanks katie.

    and if i get the opportunity to go...anywhere...you will be the first person i call.

    By Blogger Mark "Sleeve" Smyers, at 12/13/2005 9:23 PM  

  • sleeve,

    if u have the urge to skydive, drive a ferrari, or maybe just take a glider ride through a canyon...you should call me...well after you call katie...of course

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12/14/2005 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home