They call me Sleeve

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Honesty is the path to Christ and then to Righteousness

This is complicated....At least for my un-complicated mind.

I had a revelation last weekend. This is what it said, "honesty is the path to righteousness." Now, obviously Christ is the path to righteousness but bare with me. Its about being honest with yourself and where you stand in your heart. I think in this Christian life, we get caught up in doing the right thing and not being the right thing...We fail to look at the motivation behind what we do (and I say we but I mean me and assume others have done this too). You see, when you are face with a decision and it is obvious that one choice is the right path, the right choice, and you choose it because you think its right. It would be arguable that you can still be sinning in that. Let me explain, say you are faced with the choice of adultery (sorry, it was the easiest example to explain). Now, it is obvious that adultery is sin and is wrong. So, you choose not to commit adultery...Easy, right. But maybe you are still not choosing Christ in all of this, but you are only choosing not to sin and because of that you are still sinning. Do you get it? All you are doing is choosing the right path. You are not choosing Christ and by not choosing Christ you are sinning. You have to look deeper to the inner core of your heart and ask, what is my heart saying. Is my heart saying "I choose to do right", or does it say "I choose Christ."

All-in-all, you can't be good enough for God, it is not possible. It is only through Christ that you are righteous enough to enter into community with Him. Therefore, its not what you do but what Christ did.

So, I guess my revelation should state "Honesty is the path to Christ and then to righteousness."

This was my nugget of wisdom for the weekend. Let me know if this makes sense.


...by saying "choosing Christ" I am saying that I am choosing, in that moment, I want to worship Christ in this decision. It is saying that I am making this decision because I want Christ to be exalted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home