They call me Sleeve

Monday, March 27, 2006

The process of Christ following

Selfishly, I kinda wish there was an obvious right or wrong, black or white, yes or no when it comes to God and His will for our lives. I find it so interesting that some things are very very clear as to the way God wants us to handle certain situations, while others are quite vague...we have to search and pray and seek guidance for. I honestly go back and forth on this topic. Most of the time I think it would be so much easier if God just laid it all out on the table for us to look at and understand. But, then when I think about it, I find myself liking the pursuit and the mystery of not knowing. I like realizing im not God and im not in control. I suppose that this is why God has it set up this way. It keeps us chasing after Him. We dont know. We are weak. We do fall down. And its though these times that He is magnified and glorified. He picks us up. He makes us strong. He changes our hearts so they face toward His again...and I love Him for it.

To sum it all up. God is God and I am not. And at first glance I want to be God...but after thought, I realize that I like that God is God and I am not. Its thoughts like these that help me to realize Adam and Eve weren't pathetic, they were human.

2 Comments:

  • mmm, I like those thoughts a lot. A whole lot, actually. I feel like I'm at such a rock and a hard place sometimes with the whole "mystery" aspect of God and of life. I want to know so badly what is to going to come, I want things spelled out -- but then again, I don't. God is God and I am not - and that's definitely a good thing. You make me smile. :-)

    By Blogger Katie, at 3/27/2006 11:54 PM  

  • he makes me smile too...i agree with you sleeve, sometimes I wish there were verses in the Bible like..."You do not need to be baptized to go to heaven" and...things like..."Men should not wear capris, this is a bad thing"...

    and katie, sleeve makes me smile too...and i'd luv to have dinner with him.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/29/2006 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home